Monday, November 22, 2010

nosey situation

                         The other day the power went off just as i was about to listen to Christmas songs and do the long - due dusting in my office...Drats!!i was thinking of wiping the floor as well and working without music is like an engine without oil...it just doesnt flow ......(what a metaphor!!) Disgruntled, i slumped on my sofa and stared at the ceiling for a while..The staring was soon boring and tiresome...(strained the neck actually..). I glanced down at my phone and decided to keep myself busy texting. I guess everyone was busy because none replied within the next 30 mins.
                        So, i clicked on the camera, and started taking pictures of myself from various angles...
I also discovered the ugly truth about my nose....My nose has always been big but i never really paid much attention to it nor be in any way intimidated because of this feature.I guess it runs in the family because both my paternal and maternal grandpas have huge noses,and i inherit that particular trait on the double...
The dissapointing factor is that my nose is as wide as my lips!!!!booo hoooo hoooo hoooo hoooo
Here's what i am talking about.......

You dont need a measuring scale for sure!!


So i started thinking if i have ever been laughed at or mocked at because of my nose and i couldn't seem to recollect any instance whatsoever!many a times people mock me for being fat but my nose has never been ridiculed.
I remembered the song we used to sing in school"why complain...."


Therefore, i went on clicking more ...and more mug shots of myself in the quiet office room...
 Itried with a side shot....but the nose is still so big!


so i thought..what if i could cover my nose and never show it in other snaps??
I would always look like this...kinda awkward!!





 oh well!!!winking might help..if it doesn't- then i always have plastic surgery to count on...!!!!

3 comments:

  1. No wonder I always used to think you have a good nose for great articles... :)

    At the end of the day, if we are content with our looks, I consider that as one of the greatest gifts from God :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kima....lucky u to have such a positive take on everything...tis just sooo difficult to be content yknow...one of the many lessons i need to learn..:)

    ReplyDelete