Wednesday, September 26, 2018

My Grandma....

She was petite, a nurse by profession,an excellent home maker and a strict parent.She had taught me how to pray right from the time she'd found me capable. She knew exactly when to teach me a more complicated one and the process went on until i had to pray on my own will and wishes.
Phone calls to her always started with "Have u been praying?" and ended with "Dont worry because I am always praying for you".She would boil eggs for me and my siblings whenever we needed to go out of station.She'd pluck the biggest orange from the once fruitful orange tree in our backyard: and she would keep it hidden in the rice canister until i came home from school so that none of my siblings or my kin eat it before i do. I was her favourite and she was mine!!
People talk of how she had fed me with milk and curd, fresh from the farm my Gramps once had; which is why i ended up obese. Her motto was "Eat well to work well and work to eat". She was an excellent cook so whatever she throws in the wok, came out amazingly lip smacking-yeh dil maange more- recipies.
She used to make the best "Bai". I still remember my aunt Muanpuii had taken her "Iskut bai" to her office and her colleague questioned her as to how it turned out pretty milky. My aunt told her colleague to add milk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment